- Food and drink are not allowed in the galleries. Those with packed lunches are welcome to eat in our beautiful outdoor courtyard.
- A wheelchair, walker, strollers and gallery stools are available for visitor use on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All backpacks, large bags and umbrellas must be placed in lockers in the coatroom. For the safety of the exhibits and our visitors, nothing may be carried on your back. Strollers are available for an infant backpack alternative.
- Restrooms are located in the reception area and on the lower level.
- Service animals are welcome; however, pets are not permitted.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the Museum’s premises.
Cell Phones, Cameras, and Electronic Media
- We ask all visitors to put cell phones on vibrate and refrain from talking on the phone in the galleries.
- "Selfie Sticks" are not allowed in the galleries.
- Unless otherwise noted, non-flash photography is permitted for private, non-commercial use. We encourage you to share your personal photos of your visit with us on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter!
- You may find additional recordings, videos or other content through QR codes found on labels throughout the Museum. We encourage you to download a QR Code Reader onto a personal smart phone or device from your app store before your visit to explore this complementary content. The Museum offers free wifi for our guests to use.
- Photographs taken in the Museum cannot be published, sold, reproduced, transferred, distributed or used for other commercial purposes without Museum permission.
- Use of tripods, video cameras or other film equipment requires prior approval. Please email Meredith Anderson for permission.
- For your comfort and convenience, a self-serve coatroom and free lockers with passcodes are available for use. Please note: the Museum cannot be responsible for any items in the coatroom or in lockers.
- Backpacks, large bags and umbrellas must be placed in the coatroom.
- Due to the preservation needs of rare artifacts and artwork, the Museum strictly controls temperature and humidity throughout the galleries. As a result of this common museum practice, the galleries may feel chilly. We encourage you to bring a sweater or light jacket in case you need it during your visit.
Lost and Found
- Any found unclaimed property can be turned in to Lost & Found at the front desk. We will make every attempt to contact the owner if identification can be found on the item. We will not hold unclaimed items beyond two weeks. For inquiries about Lost & Found items please call (978) 283-0455 x110.