Appraisal Day at the White-Ellery House
Saturday, September 9
11:00 a.m. 3:00 p.m.
Exhibit Openings & Events
Visit the Cape Ann Museum's White-Ellery House (1710) and meet with Michael March from Blackwood March Fine Art & Antique Auctioneers for a verbal evaluation and possible consignment of your fine art, antiques, books and manuscripts. For two generations Blackwood/March Auctioneers of Essex have appraised and sold at auction fine art and antiques for trusts, estates, attorneys and individuals. Blackwood/March offers expertise in the sale and appraisal of: American paintings from New England, especially the Cape Ann school; early American and Victorian furniture; silver; nautical antiques; Chinese items; pottery; Oriental carpets; quilts; textiles; glass; china; and diverse accessories. March will be unable to offer appraisals on the following: coins, jewelry, stamps, baseball cards, and some other collectables.
Verbal appraisals are $5 for one item or three items for $10. Three item limit; cash only on the day of the program or pre-register your items online at Eventbrite. Proceeds will go towards the historic preservation of the Cape Ann Museum's 1710 White-Ellery House.
Offered in conjunction with the special exhibition Rock Bound: Painting the American Scene on Cape Ann and Along the Shore (on view through October 29).
The House will be free and open to the public and Museum staff and volunteers will be on hand to answer questions about the property.
The Museum is deeply grateful to the lenders to the exhibition and
to the following individuals and businesses:
Mary Craven | Margaret Pearson | John Rando | Arthur Ryan
About the White-Ellery House
The White-Ellery House, located at 245 Washington Street in Gloucester at the Route 128 Grant Circle Rotary, was built in 1710 and is one of just a handful of First Period houses in Eastern Massachusetts that survives to this day. Unlike other structures of this period, the largely unfurnished house has had very few interior alterations over the years. Stepping inside today, visitors enter much the same house they would have 300 years ago. Parking is available off Poplar Street in the field behind the house.