Director of Education and Public Programs
The Director of Education and Public Programs oversees the development and implementation of public programs offered in accordance with the Museum’s mission and in conjunction with the Museum's collections and exhibitions.
In partnership with the Director and other Museum staff, duties include:
- Development and implementation of the Museum’s annual calendar of programs for adults and children including the design and oversight of programs associated with exhibitions and the permanent collection, such as artist talks, lectures, gallery and walking tours, films and other interpretive programs that illuminate Cape Ann art and history
- Collaboration with community organizations in program development related to the Museum’s mission, including serving as community liaison with the press and public and overseeing community education programs
- In collaboration with Director, develop and manage budget
- Responsible for writing press releases and program promotion
- Responsible for grant writing to support programs
- Oversight of the production of the Museum’s educational publications
- Management and oversight of the Education Committee
- Supervision of Museum Educator, interns and volunteers, as needed
- Other duties, as required
- Advanced degree in Education/American History/American Art/Museum Studies or related.
- Experienced in visitor engagement, education or interpretation in a non-profit or for profit setting.
- Excellent written communication, presentation and research skills.
- Experience in grant writing and fundraising desirable.
- IT literate and experience with technology-driven museum learning.
- Must be task oriented, detailed and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be a team player, but able to work independently.
- Proven ability to exercise diplomacy, discretion, confidentiality, and good judgment.
- High regard for customer service and visitor experience.
- Knowledge of Cape Ann community/history/art, preferable.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
This is a full time salaried position. Must be able to work Tuesday through Saturday and evenings/Sundays as required for programs. For consideration, please email cover letter, resume and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cape Ann Museum is committed to diversity among its employees and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.